Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: pp. 94-103, 267-270
- Minimum of 1 article (academic or credible online source)
Apply the following writing resources to your posts:
- Link (library article): Point: Vaccines Save Lives (Links to an external site.) (This link will take you to an overview of vaccines. Click on the title under Related Items in this overview area to access the article. This is a sample pro article.)
- Link (multimedia presentation): Citing References in Text (Links to an external site.)
- Link (website): APA Citation and Writing (Links to an external site.)
Initial Post Instructions
Part 1: Research & Review
Please review the Point: Vaccines Save Lives, an example of a pro article.
Note: The article was pulled from our Chamberlain
library’s Points of View Reference Center database. This resource is
highly recommended, as it presents many of the topics in the General
Education Healthcare field that may be applicable this term. To access
the resource from our library website, choose Databases A to Z on the homepage. Locate and click on the Points of View database. Scroll down to Health & Medicine.
You will see a large list of potential topics ranging from Allergies in
Schools to Vegetarianism. When you click on a topic (Vaccines, for
example), you will see an overview of the topic, as well as points,
counterpoints, and a guide to critical analysis.
For your initial post, develop your ideas about a selected topic by
conducting an online search to find a recent pro article about your
topic. The goal is to find an article that takes a clear pro position.
Include the following in your post:
- Name of the article
- Brief summary of the article
The article can be an online source from credible websites or an academic resource from the Chamberlain Library. It must be cited in APA format. For pointers on APA citations, please refer to the Chamberlain Library’s Citation and Writing Assistance website (noted in the Required Resources).
Part 2: Application
For the second part of the initial post, address the following:
- Discuss which of the topic generation methods from this week’s
lecture worked best for you and why (or did you use an alternate
- How will you remain objective about your topic?
- Who is your audience?
- Based on the topic development completed so far, brainstorm 3 potential pros for your topic choice.
Follow-Up Post Instructions
Respond to at least two peers or one peer and the instructor. Strive
to provide constructive criticism that will help your fellow students
develop their own topics by asking questions, pointing to additional
research, or providing professional and personal examples. Help your
fellow peers to brainstorm potential pros for their topics. Since many
of the topics we will deal with in this course are controversial, a
respectful, professional tone is expected.
Note: If you see that someone has already received
feedback from two peers, please choose to help a peer who has yet to
- Minimum of 3 posts (1 initial & 2 follow-up)
- Initial Post Length: minimum of 3 college-level paragraphs
- APA format for in-text citations and list of references
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
advance English composition was first posted on January 17, 2020 at 9:36 am.
©2019 "Assignment Hub". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at email@example.com