Assignment: Annotated Bibliography
Submit: Annotated Bibliography
This week culminates in your submission of an annotated bibliography
that should consist of an introduction, followed by two quantitative
article annotations, two qualitative article annotations, and two mixed
methods article annotations for a total of six annotations, followed by a
An annotated bibliography is a document containing selected sources
accompanied by a respective annotation. Each annotation consists of a
summary, analysis, and application for the purpose of conveying the
relevance and value of the selected source. As such, annotations
demonstrate a writer’s critical thinking about and authority on the
topic represented in the sources.
In preparation for your own future research, an annotated
bibliography provides a background for understanding a portion of the
existing literature on a particular topic. It is also a useful precursor
for gathering sources in preparation for writing a subsequent
Please review the assignment instructions below and click on the
underlined words for information about how to craft each component of an
- Use the Walden library databases or a credible source to search for quantitative, qualitative, and mixed methods research articles from peer-reviewed journals on your topic of interest.
- Before you read the full article and begin your annotation, locate
the methodology section in the article to be sure that it describes the
appropriate research design.
- For quantitative research articles, confirm that a
quantitative research design, such as a quasi-experimental, casual
comparative, correlational, pretest–posttest, or true experimental, was
used in the study.
- For qualitative research articles, confirm that a
qualitative research design or approach, such as narrative,
ethnographic, grounded theory, case study, or phenomenology, was used in
- For mixed methods research articles, confirm that a mixed
methods research (MMR) design was used in the study. There are several
design classifications in MMR; some examples of MMR types or families of
design are parallel, concurrent, sequential, multilevel, or fully
integrated mixed methods design.
- Prepare an annotated bibliography that includes the following:
- A one-paragraph introduction that provides context for why you
selected the six research articles you did: two quantitative, two
qualitative, and two MMR.
- A reference list entry in APA Style for each of the six articles that follows proper formatting. Follow each reference list entry with a three-paragraph annotation that includes:
- An application as illustrated in this example
- An analysis
- A summary
- A one-paragraph conclusion that presents a synthesis of the six articles.
- Format your annotated bibliography in Times New Roman, 12-point
font, double-spaced. A separate References list page is not needed for
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
Annotated Bibliography was first posted on January 17, 2020 at 9:24 am.
©2019 "Assignment Hub". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org