For this Discussion, you will take on
the role of a clinician who is building a health history for a
particular new patient assigned by your Instructor.
With the information presented in Chapter 1 of Ball et al. in mind, consider the following:
- By Day 1 of this week, you will be assigned a new patient profile by your Instructor for this Discussion. Note: Please see the “Course Announcements” section of the classroom for your new patient profile assignment.
- How would your communication and interview techniques for building a health history differ with each patient?
- How might you target your questions for building a health history based on the patient’s social determinants of health?
- What risk assessment instruments would be appropriate to use with
each patient, or what questions would you ask each patient to assess his
or her health risks?
- Identify any potential health-related risks based upon the
patient’s age, gender, ethnicity, or environmental setting that should
be taken into consideration.
- Select one of the risk assessment instruments presented in Chapter 1 or Chapter 5 of the Seidel’s Guide to Physical Examination text, or another tool with which you are familiar, related to your selected patient.
- Develop at least five targeted questions you would ask your selected patient to assess his or her health risks and begin building a health history.
By Day 3 of Week 1
Post a summary of the interview and a description of
the communication techniques you would use with your assigned patient.
Explain why you would use these techniques. Identify the risk assessment
instrument you selected, and justify why it would be applicable to the
selected patient. Provide at least five targeted questions you would ask
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
Building a Health History was first posted on January 17, 2020 at 12:25 pm.
©2019 "Assignment Hub". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at email@example.com