- Instructions. Read Case 4: Bitcoin as an Ethical Dilemma （pictures attached）
- The following articles may also be helpful:
After reading and reflecting upon the discussion questions below, please write-up your case assignment. each answer should be provided in a separate paragraph.
Format for CasesCase write-ups should follow the following format: Section 1: Introduction – a brief summary of the case and what you will address in the write-up. Section 2*: Answers to questions (at the end of the case). Each answer should be discussed in its own paragraph(s). Section 3: Conclusion – A synopsis of the case and any concluding remarks.
*The questions to answer for this case (for Section 2) are as follows:
- Question 1: Do you think bitcoins are approaching being unethical monetary instruments without technically carrying a value similar to “real” coins?
- Question 2: If bitcoins are used to buy drugs, firearms, or other products that are considered illegal in the country in which bitcoins are being used, does that make bitcoins unethical?
- Question 3: Do you think the bitcoin system is “evil” as Paul Krugman suggested? Is it similar to a Ponzi scheme?
- Question 4: Do you think bitcoins were created as a weapon intended to damage central banking and money-issuing banks?
root2021-01-16 04:22:452021-01-16 04:22:45case：Bitcoin as an Ethical Dilemma