Case study link below:
Write a 1- to 2-page summary paper that addresses the following:
Briefly summarize the patient case study you were assigned, including each of the three decisions you took for the patient presented.
Based on the decisions you recommended for the patient case study, explain whether you believe the decisions provided were supported by the evidence-based literature. Be specific and provide examples. Be sure to support your response with evidence and references from outside resources.
What were you hoping to achieve with the decisions you recommended for the patient case study you were assigned? Support your response with evidence and references from outside resources.
Explain any difference between what you expected to achieve with each of the decisions and the results of the decision in the exercise. Describe whether they were different. Be specific and provide examples.
Rosenthal, L. D., & Burchum, J. R. (2018). Lehnes pharmacotherapeutics for advanced practice providers. St. Louis, MO: Elsevier.
- Chapter 10, Basic Principles of Neuropharmacology (pp. 7377)
- Chapter 11, Physiology of the Peripheral Nervous System (pp. 7990)
- Chapter 12, Muscarinic Agonists and Antagonists (pp. 91107)
- Chapter 13, Adrenergic Agonists (pp. 109119)
- Chapter 14, Adrenergic Antagonists (pp. 121132)
- Chapter 15, Indirect-Acting Antiadrenergic Agents (pp. 133137)
- Chapter 16, Introduction to Nervous System Pharmacology (pp. 139141)
- Chapter 17, Drugs for Parkinson Disease (pp. 143158)
- Chapter 18, Drugs for Alzheimer Disease (pp. 159166)
- Chapter 19, Drugs for Epilepsy (pp. 167189)
- Chapter 20, Drugs for Muscle Spasm and Spasticity (pp. 191201)
- Chapter 57, Drug Therapy of Rheumatoid Arthritis (pp. 629641)
- Chapter 58, Drug Therapy of Gout (pp. 643651)
- Chapter 59, Drugs Affecting Calcium Levels and Bone Mineralization (pp. 653672)
American Academy of Family Physicians. (2019). Dementia. Retrieved from http://www.aafp.org/afp/topicModules/viewTopicModule.htm?topicModuleId=5
This website provides information relating to the diagnosis, treatment, and patient education of dementia. It also presents information on complications and special cases of dementia.
Laureate Education (Producer). (2019e). Complex regional pain disorder [Interactive media file]. Baltimore, MD: Author.
In this interactive media piece, you will engage in a set of decisions for prescribing and recommending pharmacotherapeutics to treat complex regional pain disorders.
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”