In today’s turbulent environment, success depends on employees using their skills and capabilities to the fullest. Employee motivation can be a challenge at work. Those leaders who don’t emphasize employee satisfaction as a key part of the organizational strategy will not be able to leverage the potential of the human assets to the fullest.
Every person needs motivation at work. The reasons for working vary widely, but we all work because we obtain something that we need from work. This affects morale, production, retention, and overall quality of life. To create positive employee motivation, employees must have a voice and feel that they are worthy to the team and to the organization.
Based on your research using the module readings, Argosy University online library, and Internet resources:
Complete the following readings early in the module:
- Read the overview for the Module
- From the textbook, The leadership challenge (5th ed.), read the following chapter:
- Celebrate the Values and Victories
- When Leaders are at Their Best
- The five practices of exemplary leadership (REVIEW)
- Credibility is the foundation of leadership (REVIEW)
- From the Internet, read the following:
- Lawson Consulting Group. (2012). How to motivate today’s worker. Retrieved from http://www.lawsoncg.com/lcgi-article_motivate.htm