Topic 2 [article]: Lokiarchaeum. Read about Lokiarcheum in the article by Yong (2)* and/or the article by Zimmer (3)*. Both articles describe recently discovered evidence about a previously unknown organism. Then, address the following questions:
- (a) Lokiarchaeum may be a “transitional form” between archaea and eukarya. What evidence suggests this?
- (b) Describe one way that this relates to this week’s lesson.
The following articles are the basis for this week’s discussion on the Cell, Lokiarchaeum, and rRNA
- Khan Academy, November 29, 2017, Introduction to the cell. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KfHxF6Vhps
- Ed Yong, May 6, 2015. New Loki microbe is closest relative to all complex life, http://phenomena.nationalgeographic.com/2015/05/06/new-loki-microbe-is-closest-relative-to-all-complex-life/
- Carl Zimmer, May 6, 2015, Under the sea, a missing link in the evolution of complex cells, http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/07/science/under-the-sea-a-missing-link-in-the-evolution-of-complex-cells.html?_r=0
Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient”for a 15% Discount!”
The post discussion lokiarcharum appeared first on The Nursing Hub.