A nurse is taking care of an 85-year-old woman in a hospital-based
skilled nursing facility. In the report, the nurse is told the patient
has not been breathing well for the past 2 days. She has been lethargic,
her skin is warm and dry, and she has a decreased urine output. The
following laboratory findings were returned from the laboratory
immediately after morning report:
- Na: 147
- Cl 110
- K 4.0
- Blood Gases:
- pH 7.33
- PCO2 48
- HCO3 27
- Po2 96
- Urine Specific Gravity 1.040
Address the following:
- Identify each of the abnormal laboratory findings in the above
results. Specify how they differ from a normal range and identify what
condition each abnormality indicates.
- What specific electrolyte disturbance does the patient have?
- What clinical manifestations would the nurse expect to see with this electrolyte abnormality presented above?
- If the patient had an increase in her potassium level, what clinical manifestations would the nurse monitor for?
- What blood gas abnormality is seen in this patient? Discuss the rationale for your answer.
- What are the three major mechanisms of pH regulation?
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment,
solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should
be presented using APA formatting guidelines,
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
electrolyte disturbance was first posted on January 17, 2020 at 10:57 am.
©2019 "Assignment Hub". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org