- Pick a contemporary story in the form of a novel, movie, or video game that is inspired by a mythological epic or hero’s quest.
Create an 8- to 10-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation with detailed speaker notes about the contemporary hero’s or heroine’s quest. Refer to the University of Phoenix Material “Help With Microsoft® PowerPoint® Assignments” for additional help.
Include the following in your presentation:
- Brief description of the plight of the main character–the feat(s) he or she must execute for the benefit of society in the face of challenges
- The villain, his or her characteristics, and role in the hero’s quest
- Other archetypes within the story and a brief description of their roles in the hero’s quest
- Detailed description of each stage of the hero’s quest: initiation, separation, transformation, and return
- Research about the mythological and cultural origins of the story; explain parallels between the myth(s) and the contemporary story it inspired
- Analysis of any mythological symbolism, metaphors, and attributes pertinent to the story. What real life elements might these items represent?
- Explanation of the conflicts between personal desires and community responsibility represented in the myth and the contemporary story
- Relate these to the conflicts and choices ordinary humans struggle with.
- Explain why these conflicts retain relevance through the ages.
- Include citations and references throughout your assignment. APA formatting is preferred but not required.
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
Explain why these conflicts retain relevance through the ages. was first posted on September 4, 2019 at 4:37 am.
©2019 "best essay writing service UK". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at email@example.com