Review the following lecture:
- The Role of Courts in Health Policy Making
The U.S. created Medicaid, a publically funded healthcare program, to assist people in obtaining healthcare services. In this week, explore Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP).
Answer the following questions:
- Explain the legislation that introduced Medicaid. Your explanation should include a description of the funding sources for the program.
- Describe some of the changes, including CHIP, that have occurred to the Medicaid program since its inception.
- Explain the demographics of the majority of people covered by Medicaid and identify how many people in the U.S. are covered by Medicaid.
- Describe the changes that will occur in Medicaid with the ACA.
From the Internet, review the following:
- Present your response in a 3- to 5-page Microsoft Word document formatted in APA style.
- On a separate page, cite all sources using APA format.