Congratulations! You have been hired as a teacher at Theodore Roosevelt Elementary School for the coming year. During processing, your principal asks you to serve as the lead health teacher for your grade level. You must develop a general, monthly plan for health instruction for the coming year. She wants to see your plan next week.
Create a general monthly plan.
Include the following:
- The grade level you selected
- A description of your plan and how it relates to your students’ stage of growth and their establishment of a healthy lifestyle, their self-concept, and wellness
- Linkage to state and national health standards for the grade level you selected
- A month-by-month calendar outlining lessons that would support the plan’s delivery
- A brief description of the instructional strategies you would use to teach health concepts and why these strategies will be used
- A brief discussion of the assessments that will measure mastery of the plan’s objectives
- How you plan to differentiate or adapt instruction for diverse learners
- Integration of technology into the plan
- Resources for teaching health and physical education concepts
- Resources a health or physical education teacher could use for support
- Resources devoted to student use in health or wellness
- Community and government organizations, guest speakers, recreational facilities, cooperating businesses and industries, websites, and opportunities for integrating technology into physical and health lessons
- A brief description of each resource