Crosby Manufacturing Corporation
Read the case Crosby Manufacturing Corporation (Page 203-206) from Kerzner, H. (2017). Project Management Case Studies (Vol. Fifth edition). Hoboken, New Jersey: Wiley. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com.csuglobal.idm.oclc.org/login.aspx?direct=true&db=nlebk&AN=1502146&site=ehost-live (Links to an external site.)
- Examine the project management issues in the case, including concerns about the project, timeline, uncertainties about meeting timelines, and consequences.
- Overview: In no more than one page, give an overview of the case and the project management issues to be covered in more detail in subsequent sections of the paper.
- Discuss, in a logical order, the following topics. (You must determine the logical order of these topics as this is part of your grade. See the grading rubric in this week’s folder.). Organize your work using the headings listed in the beginning of each bullet item:
- Challenges: Judge the challenges in managing a project such as this.
- Impact of variability: Identify the impact of variability on project completion time.
- Alternative strategies: Argue the alternative strategies to manage the project to meet client deadlines.
- Project schedule: Explain the expected time to finish the project, and develop a milestone schedule with all major milestones. Identify if and how the project can be completed in eighteen months. Identify three of the potential schedule-related risks.
- Implications of diversity/culture: Analyze the implications of diversity/culture. How these implications could change if the project was being managed in an international setting.
- Performance improvement and closure: Anticipate the consequences and recommend project management principles and tools including auditing tools important to improve project performance. In addition, specify the project closure techniques that can be used to properly close the project.
- Write a paper addressing the Crosby Manufacturing Corporation case. Your paper should be 8 pages in length, not including the required title and references pages and appendices. Diagrams, charts, figures, and tables should be placed in appendices and written about in the body of the paper. For more information see “How do I do an Appendix in APA style?” (Links to an external site.)
- Support the paper with a minimum of three current (published in the most recent five years) scholarly, Of course, you may always exceed the minimum number of sources.
- Format the paper according to APA format
- Include an introductory section clearly stating your thesis and a mapping of what you will cover; the main body of your paper; and a conclusion. Be clear, concise, and focused. As noted above, organize your work using the headings listed in the beginning of each bullet item listed above.