Post #1A After reading one of the two selections listed below, answer the following questions. (minimum 250 words)
What is the central point (thesis) of the piece?
Does the author provide evidence for his opinion? If so, cite an areas where evidence is used to support the main argument.
Is the counterargument presented? Cite an area where the opposing view is addressed.
1. Alina Tugend’s “Multitasking Can Make You Lose…Um…Focus” pages 779 – 783
2, Sarah Dzubay’s “An Outbreak of the Irrational” pages 808- 813
Alternative Math | Short Film
User: n/a – Added: 9/19/17
YouTube URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh3Yz3PiXZw
Post #1B After watching the video, “Alternative Math” answer the following questions:
- What is the writer/director’s goal in making this film?
- What is the tone of the piece? Who do think is the intended audience?
- Describe your reaction to the piece. Not whether you liked it or not, but whether you agree or disagree with the premise. Does it have any relationship to current affairs? If so how?
- How do you know if a source is reliable?
Respond the prompt below in no less than two paragraphs (250 words). In the first paragraph, describe the situation. In the second paragraph, tell the reader why or why not your efforts to convince were successful.
1. Write about a time when you tried to convince someone to do something. What reasons and/or evidence did you offer? Were you successful in your argument? Why or why not? The position you were trying to promote can be something simple like where to go to dinner or more complex like purchasing a car
- Week Three Persuasive Essay Worksheet.docx Week Three Persuasive Essay Worksheet.docx – Alternative Formats (24.729 KB)
This week you will prepare for the Final Persuasive Essay by completing a Writing Plan. The Writing Plan will help you identify the main elements necessary to compose an effective essay. Attached below is a Worksheet, which you will download, complete and submit for a grade. Following are the directions for the essay that is due in Week Four. You will need to select a topic, find relevant sources from the Library and then complete the worksheet.
Persuasive Essay (Due Week Four)
- The persuasive essay requires you to argue a position on a debatable topic.
- You will support your position by conducting research, evaluating evidence, and presenting it in a well-organized essay.
- This assignment is based on research. It is not simply a preference or an expression of your opinion.
- The goal is to persuade a reader to adopt a certain point of view by using reliable sources, statistics and facts, logic, examples, and expert opinions.
- The essay should address an opposing view, and respectfully state why your position is stronger.
- The final essay should include a thesis statement, clear position on chosen topic, acknowledgement of the opposing view, clear purpose and direction, and effective conclusion.
- Revised essay should be error free and consistent in tone, point of view and verb tense.
- Three reliable sources are required to support your position.
- Reliable sources include Keiser Library, Google scholar, and others approved by your instructor.
*See Revision Worksheet and Rubric for guidance and assessment of your work.
Choose one of the following Writing Suggestions or you may choose a topic relevant to your career or studies. The topic must be debatable (have two opposing sides), research based (use facts, not personal opinion) and relevant to your career. See page 171 for further guidance.
- IMMIGRATION: Should the U.S. offer a path to citizenship/legal residency for illegal immigrants?
- MINIMUM WAGE: Should the minimum wage be raised from its current $7.25 per hour?
- ENVIRONMENT: Should the US support initiatives that restrict carbon emissions (or carbon pollution)?
- 1000 words minimum
- Must include three sources with in-text citations
- Microsoft Word document
- APA Format with title page, introduction, body, conclusion, and reference page
- Submission to OWL is recommended
Submit Your Assignment and get professional help from our qualified experts!
persuassive essay and writing plan was first posted on August 11, 2020 at 9:04 am.
©2019 "Submit Your Assignment". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at email@example.com