- Describe the role of nurse leaders in promoting evidenced based practice.
- Describe strategies for implementation of evidenced-based practice change.
- Describe the forces behind a changing health care culture including current issues and trends.
- Compare nursing work group culture with other organizational cultures.
Minimum of two (2) total references: one (1) from required course materials and one (1) from peer-reviewed.
- Minimum 200 words excluding references (approximately one (1) page)
- Use the information from your assigned readings and the self-paced tutorial to discuss the mission, vision, values, and stated goals of the organization where you are employed. You may find the information on your hospital’s website or you may wish to explore this with administrative staff of your organization. If you are not employed, you may find this information from the website of a hospital or by interviewing a nursing colleague to answer questions 1-6.
- Describe the nursing mission or philosophy in your organization.
- Describe the nursing mission or philosophy on your unit. Is the mission or philosophy consistent with those of the larger organization? Describe the similarities and differences.
- Describe your individual role in meeting your unit’s or department’s mission or goals.
- Describe the structure of the nursing department. Is it a centralized or decentralized model? Support your answer with rationale.
- Cite a minimum of two pros and two cons of the organization’s nursing model.
- Use your analysis to describe ways in which nursing could strengthen the mission and vision and organizational structure of nursing. Include at least two examples.
- Explain key theories of organizations as social systems.
- Determine how the mission, vision and values of an organization provide strategic direction.
- Explore organizational design and structure in the workplace.
- Discuss how centralization and decentralization structures function in your organization.
- Define shared governance including benefits and risks to nursing.
- Minimum of four (4) total references: two (2) references from required course materials and two (2) peer-reviewed references. All references must be no older than five years (unless making a specific point using a seminal piece of information)
- Number of Pages/Words
- Unless otherwise specified all papers should have a minimum of 600 words (approximately 2.5 pages) excluding the title and reference pages.