Using the Internet, research literature reviews and writing research proposals.To design a credible study, a research proposal needs to be developed.Develop a research proposal by completing the follo
Using the Internet, research literature reviews and writing research proposals.
To design a credible study, a research proposal needs to be developed.
Develop a research proposal by completing the following tasks:
- Decide on a topic and form a hypothesis.
- Test that hypothesis through data analysis—your hypothesis may or may not be correct, but you will not know that before you complete your data analysis.
- Identify the independent and dependent variables of the hypothesis.
- Determine the unit of analysis for your study.
Design the first part of a study using quantitative data on a topic of interest to you. Complete each of the following parts of the design:
- Research question
- Independent variable for the hypothesis
- Dependent variables for the hypothesis
- The unit of analysis for your study
Provide substantial feedback to your classmates about their topic and approach.
Answer the following questions using your experience in designing a study’s proposal:
- How do you conduct a proper literature review?
- What is the process, from beginning to end?
- Why is the literature review so important?
Locate and read two articles of original research from at least two different sources mentioned in the text, such as journal articles, monographs, a reader, or a dissertation. Each article should be from a different source.
- Post your research articles. Based on your readings, answer the following questions:
- What are the differences in the structures of the articles?
- How do you evaluate a source of reliability?
- Which resources do you like the most?
- Which resources do you like the least? Make sure you explain your reasoning.
- What are the steps involved in the literature review process?
- Choose two topics that are not researchable. Explain why they are not researchable.